Welcome to the Evolve Workplace Wellbeing newsletter – October 2023
|Evolve Network now open to new participants!
Want to keep up to date with workplace wellbeing research insight and have the chance to discuss your highs and lows with other enthusiastic practitioners trying to improve workplace wellbeing? Join our Evolve Workplace Wellbeing Network for:
· Quarterly online research insight and discussion sessions
· Optional dedicated monthly office hours (you choose if and when to book in to the available slots) to find out what research there is on any workplace wellbeing related topic.
· Access to the private LinkedIn group for the Network for further interaction with other members.
· Occasional additional or early booking opportunities for our wider range of research-into-practice events on workplace wellbeing.
|New practical Authenticity Building tool on the Evolve website
Dr Rachel Nayani and Dr Marijana Baric have developed a new practical set of two templates to help guide leaders, HR and wellbeing practitioners improve their approach to employee wellbeing, based on our team’s research on critical success factors for authenticity building :
This was checked over before launch by members of our network and considered a helpful addition to our toolkit of resources – give it a go!
|Can you join Norwich Business School’s Employability Week?
Employability Week is the school’s largest employability event of the year and includes the participation of around 40 professionals and thousands of students. This year, it will be taking place in Norwich from November 6th-10th and Director of Employability James Gardiner would love to hear from businesses / organisations who would like to contribute to one of the sessions on either the 7th, 8th or 9th. Typically, the sessions last an hour and include a brief presentation followed by a Q&A – topics can be varied and include everything from personal career stories through to insights into particular sectors or details about specific graduate schemes.
If you could be involved please contact James asap: James.J.Gardiner@uea.ac.uk
|How to avoid problematic email behaviour at work podcast
Don’t forget to find out more about wellbeing and productivity in relation to our digital tools – with evidence-based insight avoiding email overload!
Available on all good podcast directories, and also via direct link:
|Still not sure how to make the most of the Evolve toolkit?
View our short videos on:
1) What the Evolve Workplace Wellbeing toolkit is and
2) What is in the toolkit
3) How to use the toolkit in practice.
|MEET THE TEAM AT UPCOMING EVENTS
· 19th October 2023 – Norwich – Dr Helen Fitzhugh will be working with Voluntary Norfolk Communities team, with support from the PrOPEL Hub, to offer this first of five sessions on workplace wellbeing for the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector. Free to any organisations from the sector in Norfolk: Evolve Workplace Wellbeing Network – Session 1 Tickets, Thu 19 Oct 2023 at 15:00 | Eventbrite
· 31st October 2023 – Glasgow – PrOPEL Hub colleagues Professor Colin Lindsay and Dr Nicola Murray are joined by Dr Helen Fitzhugh for a day of evidence-informed workplace wellbeing workshops. Join us by signing up here:
· 14th November 2023, 2pm – Online – Evolve Workplace Wellbeing Network Insight and discussion session. Topics tbc. Open to Network members only.
|OTHER INTERESTING LINKS
In this section we compile other evidence-informed links to pieces on workplace wellbeing that we have found interesting. The following are not produced by the Evolve Workplace Wellbeing team.
· 23rd annual CIPD Health and Wellbeing at Work report released 26th Sept 2023: https://www.cipd.org/uk/knowledge/reports/health-well-being-work/
· Government WorkRight campaign: https://workright.campaign.gov.uk/take-action-now-and-make-a-positive-impact/
|For breaking news – follow us on Twitter / X: @evolveworkwell
We will return for newsletter #17 in November
Feel free to pass this newsletter on to colleagues and ask them to sign up for the next one here.
The Evolve Workplace Wellbeing Team
Norwich Business School
University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ